Thursday, August 6 to Sunday, August 9
For Yoga teachers and health professionals
In this online training, nurses, doulas, Yoga teachers, and other health care providers will learn how to facilitate Prenatal Yoga practices in their classrooms, communities, hospitals, or birthing centers. Learn breathing methods, adapted asana (poses), and relaxation techniques that come from the Yoga tradition. Add to your toolbox, mindfulness, and pain management approaches that can aid in the labor process.
Come learn how to administer Yoga, breathing techniques, and meditation to pregnant women to promote overall well-being and increase awareness.
- Create a nurturing space to practice Yoga safely by modifying asana according to the needs of each individual and trimester
- Alleviate common pregnancy discomforts through asana, breathwork, and relaxation techniques
- Cultivate mindful ways to express and release stress and to manage fears and pain while pregnant and during labor
- Develop the confidence and innate intuition to follow and support a holistic process of pregnancy and birthing
- Embody the spirituality, beauty, and transformation of pregnancy, birth, and motherhood
- Yoga teachers will leave the program inspired, with tools to teach Prenatal Yoga classes and with confidence in how to modify asana for pregnant women during regular Yoga classes.
Live sessions with Rev. Dr. Viviana Collazo:
- Thursday 7–8:30 pm (EDT)
- Friday 2–4 pm and 5–7:30 pm
- Saturday 8–9:30 am, 10:30 am–12:30 pm, and 2–4 pm
- Sunday 8–9:30 am and 10:30 am–12:30 pm
In addition, you will have access to 5 pm Live Ashram Yoga classes, Hatha Yoga videos, meditation videos, and inspirational talk videos by Sri Swami Satchidananda.
You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.