Top 10 Clothing-Optional Resorts
1. Hidden Treasure: Hidden Beach Resort – Au Naturel Club, Riviera Maya, Mexico – Average Nightly Rate: 1
Nothing is actually hidden at this beautiful Kantenah Bay Riviera Maya resort that makes a clothing-optional vacation a truly luxurious — and liberating — experience. According to one TripAdvisor traveler, "Everyone is just there to relax and enjoy the sun and to unwind. I cannot think of a better place to do all of those things."
2. Forbidden Fruit: Garden of Eden Resort, Isla Solarte, Panama – Average Nightly Rate: 0
Tucked away on Panama's Caribbean coast, this pristine island's laid-back atmosphere will inspire you to experience Eden in the same manner Adam and Eve once did-without clothes. According to one TripAdvisor traveler, "Good food and good company in enchanting surroundings. One can spend a day totally relaxing or exploring the waters and islands nearby."
3. Living Legend: Living Waters Spa, Desert Hot Springs, California – Average Nightly Rate: 0
Between the hot mineral water pools and the luxurious accommodations, Living Waters Spa is the perfect place for total au naturel relaxation in the California sunshine — tan lines optional. As one TripAdvisor traveler said, "If you enjoy a clothing-optional environment where you can just completely let go and relax, this place is perfect."
4. Terra Firma: Terra Cotta Inn, Palm Springs, California – Average Nightly Rate: 9
Once a celebrity retreat site, the Terra Cotta Inn is now a relaxation destination where all visitors are welcome to feel comfortable and pampered, movie star body or not. One TripAdvisor traveler called it, "A place where you can feel totally comfortable shedding your stress, worries, and cares right along with your clothes."
5. Hot Stuff: Caliente Caribe Resort and Spa, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic – Average Nightly Rate: 5
Stay clothed on the lush Caribbean grounds if you wish, but undress for a comfortable experience that is naturally delightful. As one TripAdvisor traveler commented, "Watching the stars and moon from the beachside hot tub was one of our most memorable moments."
6. Bare in Bonaire: Sorobon Beach Resort, Bonaire – Average Nightly Rate: 0
Visitors love the tranquility of this beachy (and bare) Bonaire haven, with its shallow barrier-protected bay that makes swimming, scuba diving and snorkeling a delight. According to one TripAdvisor traveler, "The total concept of being nude 24-7 was very relaxing. The island is very beautiful and we will be back to this resort next year."
7. Goin' Cabanas: Cabanas Copal, Tulum, Mexico – Average Nightly Rate:
Relaxing in a seaside Caribbean cabana is reason enough to head to Cabanas Copal, but candlelit evenings in this eco-friendly tropical retreat make this in-the-buff destination even more appealing. One TripAdvisor traveler said, "Waking up in paradise inside a beautiful cabana surrounded by the jungle, and looking at the turquoise color of the sea, is priceless!"
8. Sight Club: Club Orient Resort: St. Maarten – Average Nightly Rate: 6
Pristine white beaches and uninhabited nearby islands often leave guests feeling uninhibited at Club Orient in St. Martin. As one TripAdvisor traveler put it, "Staying at Club Orient is as close to heaven as you can get without dying! Nudity feels so natural that even first timers have no problem shedding their clothes."
9. Negril in the Nude: Grand Lido Negril Resort & Spa, Negril, Jamaica – Average Nightly Rate: 3
Whether you dress up for a romantic meal, or really "dress down" at the clothing-optional beach, this couples destination combines high luxury and natural beauty. According to one TripAdvisor traveler, "The beach is beautiful, crystal clear water that is so warm and calm, and they provide floats so you can float all day in paradise."
10. Serenity Now: Punta Serena, Tenacatita, Mexico – Average Nightly Rate: 0
Featuring hot tubs overlooking the water, beautiful beaches and a lively bar and pool, this au naturel resort is a Mexican gem. According to a TripAdvisor traveler, "Overall, it was the most relaxing and romantic week we have ever spent at a resort."