Big Ten Weekend
Friday, May 18 to Sunday, May 20
Hooters; Sunset Park; Angel Park Golf Course
Big Ten Weekend Kick Off!
* Friday, May 18 5:00 – ?
* Hooters on Eastern and Horizon Ridge (10430 S Eastern Ave, Henderson, NV 89052)
* 50% off of your bill if you are in your College attire!!!!
* Hooters has a fantastic upstairs patio with a great view of the strip and mountains! There are misters and there is a bar up there. *There are about 15 stairs to get to the patio, and there is no elevator. There is a downstairs bar and dining area as well.
5th Annual Big Ten Picnic!
* Saturday, May 19th. 11:00-3:00 – Eating at noon
* Sunset Park – Ginko Picnic area – Enter off of Eastern Ave. at the South end of Sunset Park. (Right at the There is a huge parking lot, and our area is at the far end of the parking lot. You will see the picnic area and playground. (Not the area right when you drive in. Go to the end of the lot.)
Click here for an aerial view of the park and our area. (Note the yellow highlighted path!)
* The Big Ten Clubs will be providing hamburgers, hot dogs, condiments, chips, and cookies!! (As well as plates etc.)
(If you have dietary restrictions please bring your food items and we will be happy to grill them for you!)
* Please bring your own beverages, including water. Alcohol is allowed, but NO GLASS! (21+)
* The Big Ten Clubs are happy to announce that at this year’s picnic we’ll be supporting the Veteran’s Transition Resource Center with donated items. Non-perishable food items, used or new clothing, toiletries and cash/check donations are welcome. Thanks in advance for any support on this effort!
Thank you veterans for your service!!
* Bring cash for our 50/50 raffle!
* PLEASE WEAR YOUR COLLEGE SHIRTS! (so that we can easily see that you belong at the picnic!)
* Our reserved picnic area is huge! There is plenty of room for yard games and for the kids to run around! The playground, bathrooms, volleyball, and the lake are all very close to our area!
* PLEASE bring a blanket or table/chairs in case we run out of picnic tables! (There are only around 15 tables there.) If you bring an “Easy Up” tent, NO STAKES can be put in the ground. You need to use sand bags etc. )
* There will be security on site.
* Frisbee golf at the park is free, but you will need to bring your own disks, or you can rent them for $2.50 for 3 hrs. Bikes, fishing poles/tackle, tug of war, tennis equipment are available for rent as well! Click HERE for info on fishing licenses! ($9 for a one-day permit. Under 12 do not need a license.)
* There is a History Walk, Dunes Discovery Trail, and a Native Discovery Area at Sunset Park! Click HERE for more information!
Big Ten Golf Tourney
* Sunday, May 20th
* Angel Park Golf course in Summerlin
* $100 for golf and lunch. (includes cart and green fees)